How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper Tesla Model X insurance in Austin? If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, by this point your are probably bewildered by the crazy number of auto insurance companies all advertising big savings for Tesla Model X insurance in Austin.
Unbelievably, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Consumers in Austin could cut their rates by about 70% a year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Comparison shopping for more affordable protection in Austin is quite easy. Nearly every driver who comparison shops for auto insurance will more than likely find a lower price. But Texas drivers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Where can I get the cheapest Austin Tesla Model X insurance?
When shopping for Tesla Model X insurance in Austin there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from lots of Texas auto insurance companies. The quickest method to find affordable Tesla Model X insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes. When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a better price.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Austin, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Tesla vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Model X, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Tesla at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Tesla Model X insurance discounts in Austin
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Austin attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, homeowner, distant student, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, federal employee, driver training, multi-policy, and air bags.
- Esurance includes discounts for Switch & Save, multi-car, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, and DriveSense.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, teen safe driver, safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, multiple policy, defensive driving training, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not apply in Austin. To see car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Austin, click here.
Local Austin auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Austin.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a good Austin insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Austin can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you should always compare quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Austin who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Stanley Insurance Agency
512 W Stassney Ln #113 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 445-5555 – View Map
- EZ Insurance Agency
343 S Congress Ave – Austin, TX 78704 – (512) 444-3279 – View Map
- TY Lawrence Insurance Agency
2802 Flintrock Trace b101 – Austin, TX 78738 – (512) 732-2353 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Austin who can help you get price quote information.
- Karen Easterling – State Farm Insurance Agent
2711 W Anderson Ln #201 – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 454-4784 – View Map
- Nancy Callahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
3500 Jefferson St #313 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 451-7573 – View Map
- David Simmons – State Farm Insurance Agent
1910 W Braker Ln #400 – Austin, TX 78758 – (512) 837-8825 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Where are claims handled?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that is a good match to adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy whenever you want so never feel that you’re stuck with your new company with no way to switch.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing your policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. You are unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Texas?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Lower rates by being persistent
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Tesla Model X insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Austin car insurance, the better likelihood of getting affordable Austin car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from an unexpected company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
The cheapest Tesla Model X insurance in Austin can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Austin car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Government Employees in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Subaru Forester in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Austin Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Austin Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)