Overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance choices that you can choose from? You have so many choices to choose from that it can really be a ton of work to find a cheaper company. Everyone knows Austin has lots to offer, but trying to pay high auto insurance rates makes it very hard to be able to afford adequate auto insurance coverage limits.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in Austin could save an average of $1,800 each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
The best way to compare rates for Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Austin is to know the trick most of the larger companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide information like whether or not you need a SR-22, daily mileage, any included safety features, and if you are currently licensed. That rating information is automatically sent to multiple car insurance providers and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Austin.
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts can help to save on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Austin
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims before the accident.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Rav4 Hybrid can save you some money because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will help lower the premium cost.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- 21st Century includes discounts for early bird, homeowners, automatic seat belts, driver training, 55 and older, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, good student, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, defensive driving, anti-theft, and easy pay.
- Esurance offers discounts for paid-in-full, multi-policy, homeowner, good driver, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Austin. To locate companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
Five Tips to Get Cheap Austin Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The list below includes some of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Never let your policy expire – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Women and men tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – Credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit history can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Rav4 Hybrid by improving your rating. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Youthful drivers in Texas are statistically proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Buying from auto insurance agents
A lot of people would rather talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Austin.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you need to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Austin that may be able to give you pricing information.
- Mitchamore Insurance Agency
560, 5316 W US Highway 290 Service Rd – Austin, TX 78735 – (512) 730-1424 – View Map
- Higginbotham/William Gammon Insurance
1221 S MoPac Expy – Austin, TX 78746 – (512) 477-6745 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agents
1115 San Jacinto Blvd – Austin, TX 78701 – (512) 476-6281 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Austin that are able to give rate quotes.
- Larry Evins – State Farm Insurance Agent
4534 West Gate Blvd #202 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 327-0303 – View Map
- Herman Askew – State Farm Insurance Agent
13201 Pond Springs Rd #105 – Austin, TX 78729 – (512) 250-5533 – View Map
- Brandy Whiteside – State Farm Insurance Agent
3601 W William Cannon Dr #100 – Austin, TX 78749 – (512) 892-5542 – View Map
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Austin, get answers to these questions.
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Austin?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Austin?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
After receiving good responses to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your car insurance policy.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Is pet coverage available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance savings promises
Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. They all state the claim that drivers will save a bundle if you just switch your policy. That’s great but how can every company offer you a better deal on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Austin?
Insurance providers quote their cheapest rates for the driver that will not have excessive claims. One example of a desirable risk might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Someone who fits those characteristics will get low auto insurance rates as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who cannot meet these criteria will probably have to pay a higher rate which results in the customer buying from someone else. The ads say “customers who switch” not “all people who quote” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
This illustrates why you should compare free Austin auto insurance quotes often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will have better prices than you’re paying now.
Cheaper rates are available
Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Austin is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on Toyota Rav4 Hybrid insurance in Austin. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Austin auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Austin auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best auto insurance rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When you buy Austin auto insurance online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Auto Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Austin Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)