Would you prefer to buy more affordable car insurance rates in Austin, TX? Austin consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable Toyota Tundra insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Toyota and locate the lowest price.
Unthinkable but true, about 70% of customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Austin drivers could save an average of up to 70% each year, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates before your policy renews because prices change quite often. Just because you had the best rates on Toyota Tundra insurance in Austin six months ago you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Tundra insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to lower your car insurance rates in Austin.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get prices from their websites. Doing online quotes for Toyota Tundra insurance in Austin is pretty easy as you just type in your coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, the quote system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote.
Quoting online for Toyota Tundra insurance in Austin helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the cheapest price possible.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Austin, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$326||$486||$564||$34||$168||$1,578||$132|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$254||$486||$452||$26||$136||$1,354||$113|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$232||$392||$440||$26||$132||$1,222||$102|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$176||$306||$486||$28||$146||$1,142||$95|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$208||$332||$404||$24||$122||$1,090||$91|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$332||$496||$430||$26||$128||$1,412||$118|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$378||$584||$564||$34||$168||$1,728||$144|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$284||$580||$404||$24||$122||$1,414||$118|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$288||$496||$414||$24||$124||$1,346||$112|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$220||$416||$560||$34||$168||$1,398||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Austin which can revise prices greatly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Tundra insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact formula to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Tundra book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Tundra auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheap rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Tundra insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Austin auto insurance online.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, good student, easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, military active duty, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and air bags.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
- 21st Century has discounts for teen driver, good student, homeowners, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be available in Austin. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer free Toyota Tundra insurance quotes in Austin, follow this link.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Tundra in Austin, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Which is the best insurance?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Austin.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Austin that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Insurance agent types
If you are wanting to find a local Austin insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Agents are either exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Austin that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Bill Russell Insurance Agency Inc
9015 Mountain Ridge Dr #350 – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-1106 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: James Gary Howe
3720 Far West Blvd #114 – Austin, TX 78731 – (512) 346-7645 – View Map
- AUSTIN AREA INSURANCE AGENCY
8711 Burnet Rd – Austin, TX 78757 – (512) 253-8726 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
Below are Austin exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Cheri Roman
8103 Brodie Ln Ste 7 – Austin, TX 78745 – (512) 282-9999 – View Map
- Gary Shanahan – State Farm Insurance Agent
5145 N FM 620 b170 – Austin, TX 78732 – (512) 458-2593 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amanda Escobar
8700 Manchaca Rd #405 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 280-9700 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?