Looking for more affordable Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Austin? Do you get confused by the wide range of auto insurance providers available to you? Lot’s of other drivers are too. People have such a large number of options that it can quickly become a challenge to compare rates on Volkswagen Beetle insurance. If you’ve ever been there, you know that Austin has lots to offer, but pricey auto insurance can make it difficult for lots of drivers to maintain proper levels of coverage.
A study showed that most auto insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Most drivers in Texas could cut their rates by 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to do a rate comparison.
All major insurance companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage direct online. The process is pretty painless as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on these factors.
The ability to get online quotes for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Austin makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the most affordable insurance rates.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will get rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Austin, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$220||$486||$340||$20||$102||$1,168||$97|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$202||$422||$304||$18||$92||$1,038||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premiums significantly.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Volkswagen Beetle insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Beetle in Austin, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Beetle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Volkswagen Beetle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Lower Your Austin Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are more transparent like where you live or your commute time. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that help determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- Your gender affects prices – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Save by driving safer cars – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If the Volkswagen Beetle scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time.
- No claims equals cheaper car insurance rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Texas give cheaper rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- Consolidate policies with the same company – Some companies provide lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Volkswagen Beetle statistical loss data – Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volkswagen Beetle Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheap Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Austin
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a safe driver class could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Beetle insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Austin auto insurance online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for 55 and older, driver training, homeowners, defensive driver, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm has discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide discounts include family plan, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, good student, and defensive driving.
- Esurance may include discounts for Switch & Save, good driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, online quote, and good student.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be offered in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
You may require the services of a local insurance agent
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Austin.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Austin should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is there a local claims center in Austin?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as a price you’re happy with, chances are good that you have found a company that is a good match to provide car insurance coverage.
In the end, you can save money
Cheaper insurance in Austin is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When getting Austin auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Austin? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)