How long has it been since you compared quotes for lower-priced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Austin? Are you regretting buying overpriced Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Austin? Believe me, there are many Austin drivers thinking the same thing.
Sad but true, about 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Austin drivers could save an average of roughly 70% each year, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to get the best deal for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Austin.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Austin
Car insurance can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Austin can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, student away at school, continuous insurance, home ownership, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for 55 and older, driver training, early bird, good student, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, federal employee, seat belt use, good student, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- AAA may include discounts for good driver, anti-theft, good student, multi-car, and education and occupation.
Check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Austin. To choose car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Texas, click here.
Buy Austin Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance online
When looking for cheaper Austin car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer car insurance in Texas. The best method to find the lowest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen rates is to get quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to physically go to and from local Austin insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you’re the type of person who wants the guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible to compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent. Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Not every company provides price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Austin, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
What Determines Volkswagen Golf SportWagen Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Pay more if you have a long commute – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when buying car insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Lower population means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Females and males get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Liability – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage in the event that a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Volkswagen Golf SportWagen is totaled?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agencies is especially important in Austin.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Austin are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to include a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Austin that may be able to provide price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following are Austin exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long has their agency been in business in Austin?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Austin?
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your Volkswagen and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Volkswagen gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable insurance rates are available
We just showed you some good ideas how you can get a better price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Austin. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Discount Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Austin is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Austin car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
When getting Austin car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Austin? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Austin? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)