Trying to find cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Austin can be a challenge for people new to online insurance quotes. With dozens of companies, it can be a lot of work to locate the lowest premium rates.
A recent car insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Drivers in Austin can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Volvo S60 insurance in Austin is to know the trick most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide details like what you do for a living, your credit rating estimate, how old drivers are, and how much education you have. That rating information is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Austin, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Austin
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new S60 is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Online Discount – A handful of auto insurance companies provide a small discount for completing your application online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Austin auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Austin auto insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Austin can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above are:
If you want the cheapest Volvo S60 rate quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not apply in your state. For a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts in Austin, click here.
Insurance in Texas serves several purposes
Even though Austin S60 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Volvo S60?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Austin car insurance agents
Many people still like to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Austin who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What companies can they write with?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long have they been in business?
Types of car insurance agents in Austin
If you want a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agents in Austin are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Austin that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Bridgette Hearne – State Farm Insurance Agent
3407 W Slaughter Ln b – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 441-3704 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Amanda Escobar
8700 Manchaca Rd #405 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 280-9700 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard Harper
1807 W Slaughter Ln Ste 400 – Austin, TX 78748 – (512) 292-7410 – View Map
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Austin who can help you get price quotes.
- All Texas Insurance
6700 Middle Fiskville Rd # 303 – Austin, TX 78752 – (512) 459-7979 – View Map
- Greater Texas Insurance
9809 Anderson Mill Rd – Austin, TX 78750 – (512) 250-5055 – View Map
- Capitol City Insurance
8030 N Mopac Expy – Austin, TX 78759 – (512) 343-0280 – View Map
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.